Water Quality Testing Services
It is no surprise that the water quality in Maricopa and surrounding counties is quite poor. We have some of the hardest water in the country. Water regulations mandate certain criteria to be met, but as the population grows, requirements fall. The primary disinfectant used after filtration from the city is chloramine, which can have a pungent smell. Luckily, ASAP Plumbing offers multiple water treatment options, as well as water quality testing. Keep in mind, if you are on a private well, water quality control is even less regulated.
Fast, accurate and FREE in-home estimates
No surprises, you approve the price before we do the work
Licensed & insured 20+ years of repipe and plumbing experience
Why Is Water Quality Testing Important for Private Wells?
Private wells are unregulated. It is up to the owner of the well to ensure that the water is safe for consumption. Unfortunately, private wells often become contaminated because of storm water runoff, leaking storage tanks, fertilizer use and failed septic tanks. Contaminants within well water can lead to a number of health issues, including both short- and long-term illnesses. According to the United States Department of Environmental Protection (EPA), the following contaminants are often found in well water:
- Bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms
- Heavy metals, such as lead, copper and arsenic
- Nitrates from chemical fertilizers or human and animal waste
- Organic chemicals
- Radionuclides, such as radium and uranium
Do I Need Water Quality Testing Services If I Am on a Public Water System?
Although public water systems are regulated, it is always a good idea to get your water quality tested. The water in the valley metro area is very hard, containing calcium and magnesium in uncommonly high amounts. In addition to that, water in the valley can contain high levels of chloramine or other disinfectants.
Need A Water Quality Testing? Call Now (480) 336-9235
WATER FILTRATION SYSTEMS
Water purification systems remove additional contaminants. Some are designed to remove specific minerals and metals. Here are the main types to consider.
- Sedimentation filters remove suspended solids.
- Reverse Osmosis technologies use a special membrane that acts as a filter at the scale of molecules. This technology is mostly used in under-sink equipment for treatment of drinking and cooking water, with results as clean as any bottled product.
- Activated and Catalytic Carbon filters use specially prepared charcoal-like materials. Their huge surface area binds a wide range of compounds so that they remove chlorine, chloramines, VOCs (volatile organic compounds such as solvents), pharmaceuticals, and pesticides. Removing chlorine can be especially helpful in the greater Phoenix area where hot weather forces utilities to use higher levels of chlorine to assure killing off any bacteria.
WHY HIRE ASAP PLUMBING?
We’re the repipe, sewer & drain pros you can trust– with an impeccable reputation, streamlined process & industry-leading warranties!
LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED
A fixture in our community, dedicated to serving our neighbors since 2014.
YOUR HAPPINESS GUARANTEED
We take the time to listen to your questions and concerns and work around your needs.
We are focused on educating our customers instead of pushing unnecessary services or products.
Plumbing emergencies don’t keep office hours. This is why we are available 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week & available for same-day service! You’re in safe hands from the moment you place that first call.
Our technicians are all highly-skilled and trained to handle nearly any plumbing problem. We only hire hard working and reliable professionals. We also use our plumbing knowledge to educate our customers as well!
CHECK OUT OUR FINANCING PLANS
Don’t let cost hold you back , we offer a number of financing options to help you. For a limited time receive 0% interest & NO PAYMENTS for 24 months
- Pre-Approval In Just Minutes
- Soft Credit Pull
- Up To 15 Years Payment Terms
- Flexible Payment Options
- Hassle-Free Plans
- No Pre-Payment Penalty